Operation Family Caregiver Conference
Posted on: February 5, 2014 | Posted in:
Understanding a Traumatic Brain Injury & Post-Traumatic Stress can be very confusing. Recognizing the profound impact it has on families can leave caregivers feeling overwhelmed. Join us for a morning session to hear from experts and learn how to access community resources to help support you and your family.
Experts in the field of TBI and PTSD will help you better understand the diagnosis. You’ll gain insight into navigating the Veterans Affairs system as well as obtain tips on managing behaviors, improving communication and taking care of the caregiver.
- Story from Family Caregiver
- Michael Lobatz, MD, Scripps Rehabilitation Center/Scripps Memorial Hospital
- Barbara Welsh-Osga, Ph.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Neuro-Rehab Specialist
- Kärin Kupka, Veterans Affairs SD Healthcare Systems
- Martha Rañón, Southern Caregiver Resource Center