Californians For Drug Free Youth (CADFY)
VISION STATEMENT: Creating multi-state, national and international networks of resources that support collaboration in building safe and healthy communities.
MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is to work in collaboration with individuals, agencies and organizations to bring all sectors of communities together to encourage safe and healthy environments.
- Work within the culture of a community.
- Support existing communities and/or coalitions.
- Recognize and empower other organizations’ strengths and qualities while recognizing that each community is unique.
- Seek to understand a community’s readiness.
- Encourage collaboration of efforts and resources in the communities we serve.
- Goal 1: Develop and strengthen collaboration among communities, agencies and federal, state, local and tribal governments to support the efforts of community coalitions to prevent and reduce substance abuse among youth.
- Goal 2: Reduce substance abuse among youth and, over time, among adults by addressing the factors that increase the risk of substance abuse and promoting the protective factors in a community.
- Goal 3: To be an impactful statewide substance abuse prevention initiative
- Contact Name: Aimee Hendle