Healthy Start Military Family Resource Center (HSMFRC)
Located in the Murphy Canyon housing community, the HSMFRC provides confidential, safe, coordinated services that will lead to improved developmental, academic, and social outcomes for children, and a positive quality of life for their families.
- Information and referral
- Advocacy in the school system
- First 5 First Steps – supportive home visitation, prenatal support
- Dads Corps – fatherhood support
- Playgroups – early childhood education through parenting workshops within the community.
- Community Garden
- Parent-Child Yoga
- Family facilitators are available for these and other services to help military families reduce social isolation.
- San Diego Military Family Collaborative staff also work out of the HSMFRC
- Contact Name: Daniel Romero