Coordinating Council Application Process Now Open
Posted on: October 24, 2014 | Posted in: Community Blog
COORDINATING COUNCIL APPLICATION PROCESS NOW OPEN
COORDINATING COUNCIL PURPOSE: To provide the SDMFC with leadership and functional authority to make decisions that can effect changes to accomplish our vision, mission and goals.
COORDINATING COUNCIL SELECTION PROCESS:
- Up to 5 Coordinating Council positions are currently open.
- 2015 Coordinating Council Letters of Interest accepted from November 1 to November 30, 2014.
- The Coordinating Council will review letters of interest and select new members in December.
- New members will be notified in early January and introduced to full SDMFC at the January State of the Collaborative Convening.
- Proposed long term process: Eligible SDMFC Coordinating Council applicants will be slated on a ballot for membership wide vote/selection annually.
EXAMPLES OF COORDINATING COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish policy and provide leadership and direction to the SDMFC.
- Commit to seeking the necessary resources, which can include in-kind, to further the success of the SDMFCin meeting its vision, mission and goals.
- Support active participation of self or staff in SDMFC Task Forces and Work Groups.
- Establish information-sharing, communication and feedback mechanisms to maximize community understanding of SDMFC mission, vision and goals.
- Attend Coordinating Council Meetings (1x per month).
- Monitor composition of the Coordinating Council to ensure a balanced, cross-sectional representation is maintained.
- Designate liaisons to Task Force to act on behalf of the Coordinating Council as necessary.
- Review and confirm partnership and grant applications as applicable.
1 year. This is a volunteer role.. Coordinating Council Roles and Responsibility Agreements will be re-signed annually.
- Observable history of regular attendance and participation in SDMFC activities.
- If selected, be able to sign and commit to the CC Roles and Responsibilities Partnership Agreement.
- Fill an open Coordinating Council participant category. (see weblink below)
- This is a volunteer role, with a general expectation of a 1 year commitment.
Prior to LOI submission, please review the SDMFC Governance Guidelines and Coordinating Council Roles and Responsibilities documents located here (click). Please submit a letter of interest explaining how you would use your volunteer, personal and/or professional experience to further the SDMFC mission. For questions and to apply email Joe at email@example.com