2018 SDMFC Coordinating Council Applications
Posted on: November 6, 2017 | Posted in: Community Blog
COORDINATING COUNCIL APPLICATION PROCESS NOW OPEN
COORDINATING COUNCIL PURPOSE: To provide the SDMFC with leadership and functional authority to make decisions that can effect changes to accomplish our vision, mission, and goals. At this time there are 5-6 open Coordinating Council positions.
COORDINATING COUNCIL SELECTION PROCESS:
- 2018 Coordinating Council Letters of Interest accepted from November 1, 2017-November 30, 2017.
- The Coordinating Council will review letters of interest and select new members in December 2017.
- New members will be notified shortly thereafter to begin a term of service starting January 2018.
EXAMPLES OF COORDINATING COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish policy and provide leadership and direction to the SDMFC.
- Commit to seeking the necessary resources, which can include in-kind, to further the success of the SDMFC in meeting its vision, mission, and goals.
- Support active participation of self or staff in SDMFC Task Forces and Work Groups.
- Establish information-sharing, communication and feedback mechanisms to maximize community understanding of SDMFC mission, vision, and goals.
- Attend Coordinating Council Meetings (1x per month).
- Monitor composition of the Coordinating Council to ensure a balanced, cross-sectional representation is maintained.
- Designate liaisons to Action Teams to act on behalf of the Coordinating Council, as necessary.
- Review and confirm partnership and grant applications, as applicable.
- Participate on a Coordinating Council subcommittee.
This is a volunteer role. Coordinating Council Roles and Responsibility Agreements will be re-signed annually. Coordinating Council members will meet monthly (1st Thursday of each Month from 2pm to 4pm) and will work with their self-determined sub-committee to guide the vision and direction of SDMFC.
- Observable history of regular attendance/participation in SDMFC activities OR demonstrated service to military families through volunteering and/or employment
- If selected, be able to sign and commit to the CC Roles and Responsibilities Partnership Agreement.
- Willingness and expertise to participate in a Coordinating Council sub-committee
- EXAMPLE COMMITTEES: Partnerships/Membership, Policy & Governance, Convenings/Events, and Sustainability
Please submit a letter of interest explaining how you would use your volunteer, personal and/or professional experience to further the SDMFC mission. For additional questions and to apply, please email Danny at email@example.com