May 2020 Virtual Convening: Military Family Appreciation – Resources for Military Spouses
Posted on: May 14, 2020 | Posted in: Community Blog
Welcome to the resource page for the San Diego Military Family Collaborative (SDMFC) Monthly Convening using Zoom for Friday, May 22, 2020! This convening was dedicated to Military Spouse Appreciation – Resources for Military Spouses and Mental Health Awareness month. SDMFC featured guests from Blue Star Families, Naval Services FamilyLine, Ombudsman Program, and Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Economic Employment Zone for Military Spouse Appreciation. You will find the contacts of our guests below along with their resources closer to the bottom.
Out guest individuals included:
- Blue Star Families – Maggie Meza, BSF Chapter Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Star Families – Laura Torres, Careers Manager Trainer, email@example.com
- Naval Services FamilyLine (NSFL) – Beth Weber, CSLC Steering Committee Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ombudsmen Program- Tasha Ramirez, Education Services Facilitator/Ombudsman Coordinator, email@example.com
- Hiring Our Heroes (MSEEZ) – Erin Brezenski, SDMSEEZ Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Mental Health Awareness Month, SDMFC featured a video called “We Never Walk Alone,” created by Cameron Britt, a Serra High School student in Club Elevated. This video was for Suicide Prevention and Awareness. Serra High School is located in Serra Mesa/Murphy Canyon, a community with one of the highest off-base military housing areas. You may watch the video below or check out the video here: https://vimeo.com/395064018
–> See the recording of the May 2020 Virtual Convening <–
Convening Materials and Resources
For your convenience, below you will find resources and relevant links that will be referred to in the May Convening.
- SDMFC May 2020 Jamboard – https://jamboard.google.com/d/1KANKbJSE4v7KLGcGiGOs_e_1dLcpDXqs7EY0x9HNviY/viewer?f=0
- SDMFC Post-Convening Survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sdmfc2020convening
- SDMFC May 2020 Convening PowerPoint – https://sdmilitaryfamily.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/SDMFC-May-2020-Convening-PPT.pptx
- Blue Star Families
- Naval Services FamilyLine (NSFL)
- Ombudsmen Program
- Hiring Our Heroes (MSEEZ)
- MSEEZ Slide Information
- Serra High School Club Elevated
Serra Student Film Screening Virtual Showcase – Tuesday, May 26th @ 4:00pm – 5:00pm. NO SIGN-UP NEEDED! Link: https://zoom.us/j/92529212651
Upcoming SDMFC Events
- CPSA: Action Team Meeting, May 28th at 11am-12pm
- Feel Good Fridays: June 5th and June 19th at 1pm
- MTSE: Action Team Meeting, June 11th at 9am-10am
- MTSE: Virtual Workshop, June 30th at 10am-12pm
- Members-Only Training: June 2020 (Members will receive more info)
SDMFC will using Zoom to convene these virtual meetings for the time being, where you can join us through the comfort of your webcam or phone. In order to fully participate in these virtual meetings, SDMFC recommends using a smartphone or computer to access Zoom. You are also able to participate by calling in, but will not be able to access the online materials and activities that will be presented.
To utilize Zoom, you will need to do the following:
- Call in using your phone or join using a Zoom Account on your smartphone or computer(to be able to fully participate in activities we recommend using a computer)
- Sign-Up for a free account using your work email: https://zoom.us/signup
- Tune in to SDFMC’s Facebook page for the Zoom link!
If you require assistance please do not hesitate to contact us! To stay most updated to SDMFC news, please review the SDMFC Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sdmilfam/. We will continue to share resources for the community at large including information on resources individuals can access online as well as fun family activities to consider for your kiddos who may be home.